ComLab - Digital Communications Laboratory
Department of Communications
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Campinas - Unicamp
Welcome to ComLab. We are part of the Department of Communications of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Campinas - Unicamp. ComLab is dedicated to the research of advanced technologies in the fields of communications and networking, with a focus on communication sistems, signal processing, machine learning and optical transmission and networking. We have a history of collaborations with industrial partners, such as CPqD, Ericsson Research, Padtec and BrPhotonics. Our well-equipped intrumentation laboratory with high-speed oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and FPGA boards enables hardware development, testing and validation.
- February 2020 - Padtec parterns with Comlab and Intrig to develop novel Machine Learning techniques for optical network operation.
- December, 2019 - Comlab has three papers accepted at OFC 2020!
- January, 2019 - Prof. Darli Mello joins Stanford University as Visting Scholar, in Prof. Joseph Kahn's group. The one-year project is sponsored by Fapesp.
- December, 2018- Paper on phase recovery for optical systems with probabilistic shaping by Fabio Barbosa and Darli Mello is accepted for publication at OFC'2019.
- Abril 2018: Prof. Darli Mello invited to co-chair the TPC of Optical Communications and Optical Signal Processing of LAOP 2018 in Lima, Peru.
- Abril 2018: Professor Darli Mello called for invited contribution at the OSA Signal Processing in Photonic Communications Conference (SPPCOM 2018) in Zurich, Switzerland. The list of invited contributions can be found here
- February, 2018: Paper "Impact of Carrier Frequency Jitter on the Performance of Coherent Optical Systems with High-Order Modulation Formats", by R. Bravo, J. D. Reis, D. A. A. Mello, was chosen as one of the best papers os the SPS symposium, and invited for extended version submission at the JCIS journal .
- September, 2017 - School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Campinas ranked first in Brazil (in portuguese).
- March 14, 2017 - Scientists calculate the capacity limits of submarine optical fibers (in portuguese).
- January 21, 2015 - Research team that includes Brazilians breaks record at Supercomputing Conference.